Flagship initiatives include
- A music school catering for the diverse music learning needs of the local community
- Play.Music a teacher mentoring programme aimed at providing children with access to enriching music education throughout their primary schooling.
- A music outreach programme in primary schools and at WHS
- An annual concert performance, with a classical music event in August
- The establishment of junior orchestras, choirs and concert groups
- The delivery of Winter Festival and Big Break events and workshops for primary schools
- The provision of specialist music teaching
- The support and provision of new performance opportunities for local musicians
Turn Up the Music would like your support for the advancement of its strategy.
Help us build an orchestra of musical instruments.
One of the biggest impediments to young people learning to play a music instrument, is the cost of a musical instrument. Turn Up the Music is setting up a hire and exchange scheme to address this. How can you help? If you have a musical instrument that you no longer play and would like to donate, that would be a big help. As would a general donation for the purchase of instruments or for a specific instrument.